Genesis 2:15 (NKJV)
Then the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to tend and keep it.
Having a purpose in life is essential. It brings meaning to why am I here and what is life all about. It answers the broad question that we all have, what is my value? What is my worth? Regardless of what your position in life is, we have all been created to do something. Everything about us speaks to this. Studies have shown that having a purpose creates happiness.
What does happiness do for you?
- Pushes back the clouds of depression
- Produces a hormone called endorphin, which has an anti-inflammatory effect on the body
- It gives the body more energy
- Lowers the stress hormone cortisol, thus helps to control your blood pressure
- Helps you retain the appearance of youthfulness longer
- Aids in digestion
God does not just want you to live, he wants you to be happy, it’s time you find your Zen.