Matthew 17 vs. 20 (NLT)
“You don’t have enough faith,” Jesus told them. “I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, “Move from here to there,” and it would move. Nothing would be impossible.
Are you facing a mountain illness, are you paralyzed by the largeness of what you face, that you have just accepted that this is and will be your fate? Well look again for often there are real answers to what you face in doing the smallest of things. Partner with your physician, ask what changes you can make to lower the effects of certain illnesses and the medications you take to address them, you would be amazed at how great the impact of making even moderate changes can have.
Mustard seeds are tiny round seeds that measure about one millimeter in diameter, and even though they are the smallest seed on earth, they come packed with many healing benefits. The seeds are a great source of the essential B-complex vitamins such as folates, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and pantothenic acid. These B vitamins are necessary to the bodies nervous system function, enzyme function and regulating body metabolism.
Mustard seeds are also a good source of Vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant, which the body uses to maintain the integrity of cell membranes from harmful oxygen free radicals.
The seeds also contain many health benefiting minerals such as calcium, manganese, copper, iron, zinc, and selenium. These minerals help build teeth and bone and assist in the production and formation of red blood cells.
While most people are aware of the culinary uses of mustard, such as an excellent topping for hot dogs, sandwiches, or salads, few are aware of its medicinal value.
- Is used in other countries to help stimulate the scalp and restore hair loss.
- Has an anti-inflammatory effect that helps subside skin issues such as contact dermatitis and psoriasis.
- Help to lower blood cholesterol and triglycerides levels.
- A good decongestant, helping to clears nasal passages of mucus.
- Grounded down into a paste when applied, helps the skin fight ringworm.
- Helps in fighting against bone loss in menopausal women.
- Mustard oil and seeds help relieve muscle and arthritis pains.
Who would have thought that so much power could be available in something so small, may you have the faith of a tiny seed to start the change necessary to have more excellent and better health?