John 12 vs. 43 (NLT)
For they loved human praise more than the praise of God.
There is an old story about a group of scientists who had been working diligently to create another human being. The scientist had worked for years putting together the building blocks of their new creation. Once they had the entire equation figured out, they immediately called a meeting with God. As you know, God is very patient and kind, even when he must deal with his children, who think they know more than him.
So, he shows up to their meeting where they inform him that his services are no longer needed. Because now they have the technology to create just as God does. So to humor them he asks them to show him what it is they can now do. They immediately run outside and start digging up the needed dirt to make a human. God stops them before they can go any further, and when they ask why, he tells them before they can proceed any further, they will have to use their dirt.
We are always trying to imitate perfection, we have lovely names for our creation, but at the end of the day, we are trying to make something better than what we already have.
- Vitamin A is found in carrots, sweet potatoes, and lettuce. The synthetic version of this is an ingredient called Acetate or Palmitate.
- Vitamin C is found in citrus fruit, berries, mushrooms. The synthetic version is called Ascorbic acid.
- Vitamin D naturally comes from the sun; the synthetic version of this is Calciferol.
- Vitamin K is found in parsley, swiss chard, and kale. The synthetic version is called Menadione.
- Calcium is found in spinach, edamame, and sardines. The synthetic version of this is calcium carbonate or bicarbonate.
Why not get your nutrition from the things that God made, and leave the synthetic foods and supplements for the artificial creatures? I am sure those scientists will one day create, just as soon as they can get their hands on some dirt that belongs to them and not already made by God.